Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Please prepare for departure.

It's hard to believe that in April of this year, in the course of a few days, I made the decision to apply through CIEE to study in Spain for the entire duration of my junior year of high school. It's hard to believe that I did not walk through the doors of Hohenfels High School this year on the first day of school.  I didn't sit on the blue couches before the bell rang, I didn't listen to the reading of the endless school handbook, and I didn't stare in awe at the new arrangement of the lunch tables. 

I must say, it is exhilarating. I am, in fact, completely stoked about this experience, although at the moment, two days prior to departure, I also cannot imagine myself leaving everything and everyone in my lovely home in Germany behind. I've had quite a while to get used to the idea, but I suppose some things can't be imagined and need to be experienced. I am so excited that I will get the opportunity to see, understand, and absorb more of the world and it's people. 

Thank you for reading this! I will try and continue this blogging business, although it is new to me. Maybe some day I'll even post a picture, or write about where I'm going and who I'm staying with. That sounds like something for next time...

Buenas noches!

Love always,

Nina 

No comments:

Post a Comment